Town Office – 2220 Western Ave, Newburgh, ME 04444
Phone – 234-4151 Fax – 234-2791
Town Office Hours
The Town Office will be closed on Monday, May 30th in observance of Memorial Day. Have a fun and safe holiday!
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 8-5
Absentee ballots are available in the Town Office for the upcoming elections.
SATURDAY, JUNE 25th, 2016
Articles picked up:
Appliances (washers, dryers, stoves, dishwashers, compactors) File cabinets, Water Tanks, Furniture (tables, chairs, couches, beds, mat-tresses, box springs) Radios, Stereo equipment, Plastic pipe, Carpets (in 4-foot sections, rolled & tied) No more than 2 tires (up to 16″without rims and Countertop Microwaves-both can also be put out weekly or recycled) and Metal.
Articles not picked up:
Gas cans, Gas tanks, Propane cylinders, Metal containers with glue, tar solvent, resin, paint, caulking, gas, or oil, Auto parts, TV’s, Computer monitors, Fluorescent lamps; mercury vapor tubes, Light ballasts con-taining PCB’s, Batteries, Mercury thermostats, thermometers, Wood waste, brush, Demolition debris. NO REFRIGERATORS or AC UNITS because of Freon.
Electronic devices may be recycled at Electronics End, 173 Robertson Blvd., Brewer, Maine. 207-922-2094, Electronicsend@gmail.com
As you may have noticed, the paving has begun on the dirt roads around town. Wellman Paving is doing a great job. Please be patient while the work is in progress. It will be complete before you know it.
SAVE THE DATE! Newburgh Day will be Saturday, September 17th from 4p.m. to dusk There will be food, games, live music and fireworks. Watch for more information to come.
Annual Town Meeting Schedules
- June 9th – Budget Vote for RSU #22. This meeting is where your vote counts to make changes on the school budget for the upcoming year for RSU #22. This meeting and vote will be held at the Hampden Academy gymnasium at 7:00 p.m.
- June 14th – Town Meeting begins to vote by secret ballot on the following: (Polls open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
- Referendum vote to confirm the RSU #22 school budget
- Vote for a Moderator for Town Meeting
- Vote for two school board members (RSU #22 Director to complete the balance of a three year term (2 years). There is also an opening for RSU #22 Director for a three year term.)
- Vote for Selectman, Overseer of the Poor and Road Commissioner for a 3-year term
- Town Meeting adjourned until June 18th at 9:00 a.m.
- June 18th – Town Meeting resumes at 9:00 a.m. at the Newburgh Town Office (Voting resumes in an open voting forum)
- Selectmen’s Meeting- Monday, May 16th at 6:00 p.m. The Selectmen meetings are held the 1st Monday of the month at 6pm at the Town Office. If a meeting is postponed due to inclement weather or a holiday the meeting will be held the next night.
- Planning Board Meeting– Wednesday, June 1st at 7:00pm.
- Recycling– Recycling is the 2nd and 4th Friday of the month. We now have zerosort recycling. We have informational brochures in the office or you can download here. Please place recycling and trash on the opposite sides of your driveway for clarity. Upcoming Dates: October 9 & 23, November 13 & 28, December 11
FREE WI-FI- There is free Wi-Fi available at the Town Office building. You are welcome to bring your computer or device to use or the library has computers available for use during their open hours. The wi-fi is available during all Town Office business hours.
The need for Volunteers is Great! The Recreation and Cemetery Committees are both in need of members.
We send out a weekly newsletter via e-mail. If you would like to receive the e-newsletter please contact the Town Office or e-mail: email@example.com
What Can We Do For You? Let us know! Drop in or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Newburgh Guiding Principles
- Respect- We will observe the Golden Rule.
- Ethics-We will lead by example.
- Accountability-Our business will be open and visible.
- Communication-Listening is more important than talking.
- Teamwork/Partnership-The whole is often larger than the sum of its parts.
If you have comments or suggestions for or about your website, or if you have pictures that you would like to see on the headers of your website email to Newburghmgr@uninets.net