Town Office Closings- Wednesday, December 24 closing at noon; Thursday, December 25 and Friday, December 26 closed; Thursday and Friday, January 1 & 2 closed.
Toys for Tots- There is a collection box for Toys for Tots in the Town Office. The items donated are picked up weekly for distribution to area children.
Library Closings- Wednesday, December 24; Thursday, December 25; Wednesday, December 31; Thursday, January 1
Driveway Plowing- Please be advised that plowing or placing snow in a public way is a violation of Maine Law. Under Title 29A, Section 2396-4, you can be fined $153.00 for plowing snow across a public way. Our emergency vehicles have had some issues with frozen snow in the roadway. Please find another means of snow removal from your property other than plowing it across the road.
Dog Registrations- 2015 Dog Registrations are now due. (Don’t forge dogs need to be registered by December 31.) a late fee of $25 starts on January 31 for all unregistered dogs.
Warming Shelter- The Town Office is a warming shelter for use when the power is out. If you are in need of a place to go during these situations, please call the Town Office at 234-4151 or 211 after hours for listings of area shelters.
- Budget Committee Meeting- Thursday, December 11, 6:30pm.
- Selectmen’s Meeting- Monday, December 15, 6:00pm.
- Rec Committee Meeting- Wednesday, January 7, 6:00pm.
- Planning Board Meeting- Wednesday, January 7, 7:00pm.
- Community Cafe- Wednesday, December 17, 6:00pm, Newburgh Town Office. $5 per person. Reservations required by December 12. Call Vicki at 356-1528
- Gentle Exercise and Stretch Class- Tuesdays at 8:30-9:20 AM (50 minute class), Newburgh Town Office, Class fee: $1, Class begins September 9. Participants are welcome to join anytime. Click for more information.
- Recycling- Recycling is the second Friday of the month. We now have zerosort recycling. We have informational brochures in the office or you can download here.
Office Hours: Monday 9-6; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 8-5; Friday 8-12.
The need for Volunteers is Great! The Recreation and Cemetery Committees are both in need of members.
If you would like to receive the e-newsletter please contact the Town Office.
What Can We Do For You? Let us know! Drop in or send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
Newburgh Guiding Principles
- Respect- We will observe the Golden Rule.
- Ethics-We will lead by example.
- Accountability-Our business will be open and visible.
- Communication-Listening is more important than talking.
- Teamwork/Partnership-The whole is often larger than the sum of its parts.
The Selectmen meetings are held the 1st and 3rd Monday of the month at 7pm at the Town Office. If a meeting is postponed due to inclement weather or a holiday the meeting will be held the next night.
If you have comments or suggestions for or about your website, or if you have pictures that you would like to see on the headers of your website email to swroguekelly@ hotmail.com.
Town Office – 2220 Western Ave, Newburgh, ME 04444
Phone – 234-4151 Fax – 234-2791