Town Office will closed Monday, Feb 15 in observance of President’s Day.
Community Café– The January dinner will be held on Wednesday, February 24 @ 6:00 p.m. The cost is $5 per person. Please RSVP to Becky at 478-2705.
Rec Committee Meeting- Monday, February 29, 6:00pm. Planning for the Easter Egg Hunt, Painting Class, Hunter’s Safety Class and Newburgh Day are on the Agenda. Have you got ideas! We need you and them to continue to expand our offerings
Selectmen’s Meeting- Monday, March 7, 6:00pm
Fitness For All- Currently on hold until March 1. Stretch Class – Instructor: Renée Thibault – Tuesday mornings at 8:30 a.m. – Cost is $1.00. This 1 hour class will strengthen your body and your mind. This class is appropriate for all ages and focuses on functional exercise, agility, balance and includes stretching and floor exercises. Please bring an exercise mat or towel to use for the floor work.
FREE WI-FI- There is free Wi-Fi available at the Town Office building. You are welcome to bring your computer or device to use or the library has computers available for use during their open hours. The wi-fi is available during all Town Office business hours.
USDA – Rural Development – We have been notified by Rural Development that they have funds available to help very low to low income homes with different programs which include Direct Loan Program, Repair and Rehabilitation Loan, Repair and Rehabilitation Grant Program. Very low income households that own their single family property may potentially be eligible for assistance for home repairs and improvements. Elderly households are potentially eligible for up to $7,500 in grant assistance and non-elderly households for up to $20,000 in loan assistance, based on household budget and credit history. Very low to low income households in need of adequate housing may potentially be eligible for assistance up to $190,000 for a home purchase or home construction (including replacement homes), based on repayment ratios and credit history. For more information, please look online at www.rurdev.usda.gov/me
- Selectmen’s Meetings– Monday, March 7 at 6:00pm.
- Planning Board Meeting– Wednesday, March 2, 7:00pm.
- Rec Committee Meeting– Monday, February 29, 6:00pm. Volunteers Needed!- Upcoming events include a winter fun day, Easter Egg Hunt and Newburgh Day. Another pair of hands, even for an hour, makes for a great event.
- Fitness for All– Tuesdays at 8:30-9:20 AM (50 minute class), Newburgh Town Office, Class fee: $1. Participants are welcome to join anytime. Click for more information.
- Art Group- A weekly art group for adult artists to meet mornings and paint together is being held at the Town Office on Wednesday mornings at 10:00am. For more information, please call Kate Giffin at 234-3883 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recycling– Recycling is the 2nd and 4th Friday of the month. We now have zerosort recycling. We have informational brochures in the office or you can download here. Please place recycling and trash on the opposite sides of your driveway for clarity. Upcoming Dates: October 9 & 23, November 13 & 28, December 11
- Annual Town Meeting– June 18, 2016, 9:00am, Voting on June 14, 8:00am-8:00pm
Office Hours: Monday 9-6; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 8-5; Friday 8-12.
The need for Volunteers is Great! The Recreation and Cemetery Committees are both in need of members.
If you would like to receive the e-newsletter please contact the Town Office.
What Can We Do For You? Let us know! Drop in or send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
Newburgh Guiding Principles
- Respect- We will observe the Golden Rule.
- Ethics-We will lead by example.
- Accountability-Our business will be open and visible.
- Communication-Listening is more important than talking.
- Teamwork/Partnership-The whole is often larger than the sum of its parts.
The Selectmen meetings are held the 1st and 3rd Monday of the month at 6pm at the Town Office. If a meeting is postponed due to inclement weather or a holiday the meeting will be held the next night.
If you have comments or suggestions for or about your website, or if you have pictures that you would like to see on the headers of your website email to swroguekelly@ hotmail.com.
Town Office – 2220 Western Ave, Newburgh, ME 04444
Phone – 234-4151 Fax – 234-2791